Texas HoldEm Poker Deluxe (Royal Hold'em Museum) Today: 1    Total Posts: 6678

Moderator: FirstLady

Total:#4

Create Thread

[Help Center] Bug: wrong blinds posting

Close [Copy link] 3/1215

Posted on 4/1/12 5:49:57 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Hello, thank you for your message.
Could you please explain your deduction? Maybe your suggestion is reasonable and worth a change. [s:553]

Signature

Well, I\'m sure you already know that position is very important when playing Texas Hold\'em Poker.
For example, if you have the dealer button, then after the flop you\'ll be the last to decide what to do (bet? call? raise? fold? bluff?). You\'ll have to make this decision after seeing what all the other players decided to do, so you have more informations than them.
Position is a big advantage in tables with many players and it become crucially important when there are only 2 players. Who has the button will have more informations in order to extract the maximum when they hit the flop and know when are the right moments to win a pot by bluffing. This is why expert poker players raises preflop a large fraction of the hands they play heads up.
Now, because of a bug in this site we have this positional advantage also before the flop. This gives even more advantage to the player who has the button. I\'d prefer to adopt the standard poker rules.

Signature

Thank you for your reply. We will have a discuss on your ideas. Meanwhile, we would hope to see more opinions from other players. Thank you.

Signature

When there are only 2 players at the table, who has the dealer button should be posting the small blind, and the other should be posting the big blind. So who has the dealer button should be the first to act preflop.
In this application it's the opposite. I won't discuss why, but it gives an unfair advantage at the players with the dealer button.

Signature